Denise Austin: Hit the Spot Pilates
Dec 19 2007
Denise Austin’s Hit the Spot Pilates video is divided into 8 different categories:
- Abs and Waistline
- Power Abs
- Pilates Challenge: this is dance/yoga
If as much focus and effort went into her teaching as did her multiple set designs she would have a stellar pilates video. However, I am sad to report that the opposite is true. With generic phrases used over and over again like “good posture”, “stable”, and cheerleader forms of encouragement I began to wonder if she learned to teach pilates from a book she picked up one day.
Though Austin can demonstrate the exercises decently, her teaching lacks quality information! And annoyingly, though her set is extensive, the camera sometimes shows the part of her body that is NOT working. She has a well known name in the fitness industry, but why would anyone pay for a pilates video that is clearly not up to par?
- Pace - Good
- Level - Intermediate simply because of the lack of instruction
- Clear breath cuing - Mediocre
- Inclusion of pilates principles - No
- Explanation of the goals of an exercise - No
- What you get out of doing an exercise - Sometimes
- Target muscles - A few were mentioned
- Common errors in specific exercises - No
Would you like to see how this pilates DVD measures up to the other top 12? This article will reveal the top three pilates DVDs which are worth your time and money!