Jennifer Kries Pilates Method - Perfect Mix
Dec 19 2007
This 60 minute workout has four parts:
- A pilates section
- A dance inspired section with weights
- The same dance inspired section with the audio swapped for music
- AM/PM Yoga inspired rejuvenation
Though this disc has a fun dance section - it should be noted that it is not strictly a pilates video. For this reason I would not recommend this DVD to anyone specifically trying to learn or practice pilates. The cuing of the exercises was too slow in the beginning and too fast in the middle and end. The breath cuing was sometimes switched during an exercise - which is frustrating to anyone practicing pilates.
Though she did show some modifications to exercises, I was disappointed to see that some of the alignment of the exercises she displayed in her own body were off. When a video lacks on the teaching end and those training at home have to rely on what can be seen, having impeccable demonstration is crucial.
In sum: Mediocre pilates masked by dance and yoga.
- Pace - Varied too much
- Level - Not clear because of inconsistency: intermediate
- Clear breath cuing - No
- Inclusion of pilates principles - No
- Explanation of the goals of an exercise - No
- What you get out of doing an exercise - Sometimes
- Target muscles - Few were mentioned
- Common errors in specific exercises - No
Would you like to see how this pilates DVD measures up to the other top 12? This article will reveal the top three pilates DVDs which are worth your time and money!